Monday, June 13, 2011

Our ALASKAN adventure!

Well.....we've been back for a couple of weeks, and I am sorry it's taken me so long to get some picture/trip tidbits for you......IT WAS FANTASTIC!  
To start with here are a few small videos Daryl took on his Iphone!  

As for the train ride.....to say we were on the edge is not exaggerating.....the heart rate of many was a little higher than usual(for me, exciting not scary)! 





This trip was filled with many favorites.....what makes things a favorite?  Is it visual, a scent, the sound, the taste, the people you are with, the atmosphere......what makes things etch themselves in our minds?


I hate to admit it.....shhhh don't tell anyone......I had no desire to visit Pikes Market, and it turned out to be one of my favorites!  Thank you Dana....Mom, you have to go there(something like that).....great advice!   I can't really explain why.......maybe because Pikes included all of the favorite place ingredients listed above....I really LOVED IT there!  

Here's one of the attractions that drew my attention at Pikes.....the street performers!



THE TALL BOYS made me think of Daylan....he would get a kick out them. 

No comments: