Friday, February 22, 2013

It is with great sadness I come here to share the passing of my Mom

At 2:37(or 8) p.m. on Feb. 15th Mom very peacefully took her last breath.  We were cheek to cheek(as I recall).....I softly whispered in her ear, "it's was okay Mom", then said "goodbye"......she did not struggle.  Jeep & Virginia also whispered goodbyes.....we wept together.  I called Daryl, he was on his way(5 minutes away)......once he arrived it was complete.  

HOSPITAL STAY(not complete yet)
  • so thankful Mom's time in pallative care was brief......2.5 days. 
  • Mom was taken to the Bonnyville hospital by ambulance just before midnight on Tuesday Feb. 12th.  
  • Weds. Feb. 13th-Jeep and Virginia stayed with Mom until approx. 4:00 a.m..  Once Mom was settled, and all seemed to be okay the staff suggested Jeep and Virginia go home for a while and get some sleep.  They did, but were shortly called back to the hospital(just after 5:00 a.m.).  Jeep called Daryl shortly after, and called me at 6:15 a.m.  Jeep suggested I not come because of bad roads, I immediately got ready to leave(how could I stay home)....arrived in Bonnyville at 10:30 a.m..  We were told Mom's time was going to be short......she would not recover. 
  • Thurs. the 14th-There was a lot of company.....which(for me)is a great comfort, being surrounded by those that cared deeply for Mom made me feel better although I knew things wouldn't be getting better.    
  • Fri. the 15th-the day we lost her, will write more here soon.  
RANDOM THOUGHTS 
  • We had a private family gathering the night before the service.
  • We viewed Mom's body.....were please with how she looked.  Important to all of us was her hair, as her hair was always important to her.....very nice.  After being with her in the hospital,  it was nice to see her free of iv's/tubes.....although she was peaceful during her hospital, it was a comfort to see her looking more like herself....and truly at peace.   
  • GRACE GARDENS OBITUARY
  • 22 out of 25 of Mom's nieces and nephews attended her service.  

No comments: