Tuesday, March 16, 2010

conitued from previous post.......a few thoughts

this is the day after.....tonight I'm wondering if this is real....I have spent the day looking at pictures of Baba.  Although I enjoy it......see her smiling face makes it hard to believe what happened yesterday....it's not real yet!  

Baba and her jet black hair.......I can't tell you how many times I've heard people ask her if she coloured her hair........I think she was pretty proud of her non-aging black hair.  

I recall Gido telling a story(I have to ask him if I have the story straight)!  When he was thinking he wanted to court Baba in the early 30's it seems the thing to do was walk someone home from church.....so he did!  He told me that he hoped after the long walk he would get a kiss..........well after nine long miles of walking, NO kiss!  He then had another nine mile walk to get back home!!!  Not sure how many times this happened?  This is was beginning of their long life together........with that kind of start one might think things wouldn't last.....but then again, maybe the start is what helped make it last......I'm sure Baba knew what see was doing!  

Baba bought Daylan's mononucleousis warts....I forget what she paid, yes she gave him money, and guess what.......in no time flat she had the warts.  

I have to get to bed(12:30)so I will fill in tomorrow! 

Blessing of the graves
Easter bread
Baba's Wheat
Watching for Gido coming to the house while Daniel and I talked on the phone!  
Sleeping with the baby chicks
Dana pouring on the faucets 
how on the ball she was with birthdays......
late 70's early 80's, calling on Sunday mornings........7:00 a.m.
Daylan smelling Baba cooking bacon, even when she wasn't 
Baba telling fibs....a bear is going to get you, the police are going to take you away
her Love of Christmas......and having to have a tree! 
the hardest I ever laughed with her....... 
the saddest I've ever seen her......
giving me a lesson in picking mushrooms(I think I was her worst student)
then of course there's the turkey story







1 comment:

D said...

I'm pretty sure she gave Daylan a quarter.