Saturday, March 09, 2013

Open mic





A poem Mom wanted for her funeral.....delivered by Elaine Smith during the open mic.

I AM GONE
You can shed tears that I am gone,
or you can smile because I have lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that I will come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all that I have left.
Your heart can be empty because you cannot see me,
or you can be full of laughter and the love you shared with me.
You can turn your back on tomorrow
and live only yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember me and only that I am gone,
or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty, and turn your back,
or you can do what I would want you to:
smile, open your eyes,
live, love go on!


I can see Mom liking this....a good way to think, I shall do as she requests. 

No comments: