Saturday, March 09, 2013

A great way to heal hearts is to meet/eat together, and that we did!

As I look through these photos, I am once again overwhelmed by the number of family and friends that attended Mom's service.....such a nice feeling.  I am thankful for every hug, hand shake, smile, shared tear I received that day, even if there are too many to remember!

Firstly Virginia, Mom's caregiver......we asked her to say Grace, no one was better suited....she did an amazing job.  Not easy, getting up in front of a few hundred people you've never met, and delivering such a personal blessing......I loved hearing her voice. Thank you Virginia.....so much!  













Our family is so blessed to have her in our lives, I am sorry it's been during such difficult times, wish she could have met us all when we were at our best. 

Very dear friend of Mom's for many many years.......Julia has been Mom's friend for as long as I can remember.  They were friends before my time, back to their school days.


Larry and Terry have been friends of Mom's for a very long time.......they would do anything for Mom , and did!  They went above and beyond from what friends do, treated Mom like family.  Many many times they would go out of their way to visit Mom, even long after Mom could remember they were her good friends.  On the days Daryl or Lori couldn't pick Mom up for Adam or Evan's hockey games, they could usually count on Larry to give Mom a ride to her much loved games.   Will never forget how good they were to her, and how hard it was for them to lose her.  Long before all of this sadness they had many years of good times, shared a ton of laughs, argued and laughed, danced and danced, laughed and laughed some more.....I know for sure the good memories out number the tough ones!














22 out of 25 of Mom's nieces and nephews attended her service, I love that.....she would too!


No comments: