Wednesday, April 05, 2006

another birthday............

4? (you'll never know)

Last week I celebrated another BIRTHDAY! It was kind of an odd day, but in the end it was great!!!!!
The day started out by taking little Missy back to her Mom(we meet half way of a 2-1/2 hour drive).
Next I attended a funeral for a lady(43)that was in the same grade as my brother, very sad, she died the day of her 43rd birthday in a single vehicle accident. Her parents and grandparents have been family friends for as long as I can remember. I seen many people I hadn't seen in a very long time. Some I never even recognized, so I guess that is a LONG TIME!!! Sadly we don't very often get to see dear OLD family friends unless we attend a funeral.......this is sad in itself, but it is true!
Next we had DQ ice cream cake, gotta LOVE that! The 3 teenage boys, and my parents started singing.........the boys never had any intentions of singing(they just wanted the cake), Gram was busy trying to take pictures, so I think Pa was the only one REALLY singing, he sounded GREAT!
Next.....one of my cousins and her now 18 year old daughter were visiting her Mom, and a few of her family were going out to the local pub, so Mom and I decided to join them! We got to my Aunt's at about 8:30, visited there for about 45 minutes, then headed to the GLENDON BAR! The night was short & sweet as we were back at Mom's by 11:30, but man did I ever laugh in that 3 hours! There was an old fart in the bar(I guess he practically lives there) and we were teasing Auntie Teresa(she is in her early 70's)that we were going to line her up with this guy...........I still laugh when I think of the look on her face(her famous LOOK)!!!!! She didn't think it was as funny as the rest of us did, but she was such a good sport about it all......thanks for the FUN Auntie!!!!

2 comments:

Tammy Brownlee said...

Sorry to hear about your friend!!! Big hugs!

Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Lots of hugs and wishes for you on your b-day. Sorry to hear their was a funeral to attend. Isn't it sad that sometimes we only see family and old friends at funerals!

If I had known you were going to be at the Glendon Bar I would have come for a shot!!! lol!! Next time!