Monday, September 11, 2006

WAY TO GO EMILY.....so proud of you!!!!!!

this day has been planned for quite awhile!!!! Emily wanted to donate her LONG hair to have a wig made for KIDS WITH CANCER. Even though you are not totally happy with your SHORT hair, just think of what a GREAT thing you have done, and remember your hair will grow back. ((((hugs to you)))) I am so proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself!

last shot of Emily's LONG HAIR!!!!!

going, going gone!!!!!

The new girl............a huge change for a 10 year old, especially when she has had LONG hair ALL of her life!

The 9 inches of hair that is required to make a donation for a wig.

Emily I know you will be reading this so I want to tell you a little story(which I don't think you have heard). When I was a teenager(a long time ago), I babysat this little girl that was 8 years old.....she got cancer. When she was having her treatments all of her hair fell out, and her parents got her a wig. The little girl was VERY excited, she loved it! She was to young to understand how sick she was, and that it wasn't a GOOD thing to have to wear a wig, she thought it was COOL, and FUN, it made her smile! Although this story does not have a happy ending I always remember how happy she was when she got her wig. NOW when I think of a child with cancer that has lost their hair, I will ALWAYS think of the THOUGHTFUL thing YOU did for KIDS WITH CANCER.

oh, and by the way, I LOVE YOUR NEW DOO!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow Emily, what an amazing gift you have given someone today!! You should feel very proud of yourself!!

Ps. Your new haircut is so cool! You look very pretty!!

Renee said...

Way to go Emily! You'll be a part of putting a smile on some sick young girl's face....you need to give yourself a huge pat on the back!

Renee said...

wow that is great she donated her hair. She looks great with her hair this length now.

Brenna said...

That is very generous, I love to read stories like that. Good job Emily and I agree the new hairdo looks awesome!

Heather said...

That is amazing! Very couragous girl. I've always been so vain when it comes to my hair. I totally admire her! WAy to go!