Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adam's going home..........

can you believe 1st year is OVER???

I can't!!!

I have to admit when it was time for Adam to come to Camrose I was quite worried(s t r e s s e d)about how things would go.............ANOTHER teenager in the house.......and in total I would be living with 3 beings of the opposite sex.........3 MALES.......oh my!!!!

I am happy to report all went well.......much better than I imagined it was going to!

So lets get the bad stuff out of the way...........Adam(like his side kick Daylan)is a little on the messy side, didn't pick up very often.......and he turned 18 during the year so that changed things up a bit, but not much!!!! There..............my negative comments are DONE!

Now I will add............Adam was great to have!!! He is very well mannered, quiet, respectful, always called to let me know what he was doing, did what he was asked(usually with little delay), asked 1st if he wanted to invite someone over................AND............he is VERY easy to cook for.........NOT fussy at all!!!! Whenever I asked him what he wanted to eat, he would always say "it doesn't matter, anything"..........can one ask for more.........I don't think so!!!





I am also impressed with how the BOYS got along.......wondered how Daylan would like having someone here ALL THE TIME when he was so used to being alone........I think they did GREAT!!! To my knowledge they were never really annoyed with each other......if they were they did a good job of keeping it to themselves!!!

Love this picture..........after Adam hauled his things out to his car I thought he was ready to hit the road, but he told me that he had to wait for Daylan to get home because Daylan wanted to play Rock Band one more time before he left(10 songs)..............how cute is that(I know.....I should be WAY BEYOND using the word cute, but I can't help it)!! So Adam waited for Daylan(an hour & a bit).........they played their 10 songs(one hour)then Adam was HOMEWARD BOUND.............thanks Adam!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would like to thank-you for taking him in!!!! It made the transition of the first child leaving the nest a whole lot easier. Knowing that he was being taken care of and watch over made his leaving home easier. You will never know how much it means to me as a mom knowing my little boy had an extra caring place to call home.
Thanks for every thing I'm sure he will miss the peace and quiet of the downstairs.
Lori