Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sometime things are just MEANT TO BE!!!!

This will be a long post.........but I think worth the read!!!

A couple of years ago I had this crafty type garage sale. For sale I had several paper bag albums kits, complete with pattern paper, cardstock, paper bags, and embellishments!!! Beside them I had a few paper bag album samples so shoppers could see what could be done with the kits.

okay so here the REAL story starts.........

One of the shoppers REALLY liked the kits and explained to me that she wanted to make a little album for her daughter that was fighting cancer........I was immediately touched of course! She explained how she had never made one and wasn't sure how to do it!!! My first thought was.....she can take my albums, use them to duplicate, then she could return them(it never crossed my mind that she wouldn't)! One of the albums had pictures(of me when I was VERY young), the other was a completed album without photos..........off she went with them both!!!

I had never met this lady before..........only at the garage sale(we exchanged names & numbers)

Weeks and months passed...........I thought about the albums from time to time, always thinking she would be calling soon!!! I then realized I had missed placed her name & number!!! More time passed, whenever I thought of the ablums I always wondered how her daughter was, if she duplicated the albums for her daughter, if she would call to return them???

A few weeks back when I placed the ad in the local paper, I thought.......maybe this lady lost my name and address and would see the latest CRAFTERS GARAGE SALE ad????

Well two years later.......guess who come to my garage sale with my two albums!!! She was SO happy she found me.........and I was SO happy to see her with my albums!!! She gave me a big hug, and said she would NEVER forget what I did for her(to me it didn't seem like much, but for her it was a huge)!!!

In the seconds after our HUG, she informed me that she'd lost her daughter to cancer(age 44)!!! I didn't know what to say............one of those moments that seem to last forever!!! The first thing that came to me was..........did she get the album made for your daugther? I don't even remember the words coming out of my mouth..........was it the right thing to say, I don't know.....but that's what came out!!!

She was happy to tell me that she did get the album done, and was able to give it to her daughter. Her daughter kept it by her side, she looked at it over, and over, and over again.............Mom said it brought her much comfort to know her daughter loved it so much!!!

I know my part in this story is very small..........but I'm glad I was able to help out......even if it was just a bit!!!!

In the end.......it seems..........it was MEANT TO BE!!!!

3 comments:

lacintha said...

Oh Donna..what an awsome story!
I'm all choked up here ...thanks for sharing..and yes, it was meant to be.
Hugs to you...

Heather said...

Definitely worth the read! Thank you for sharing an inspiring story. I have no doubt how special you are and its just little acts of kindness that prove it.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and inspiring story! It touched my heart, thank you for sharing and being such a kind person. It really is the little things that make the biggest impact...