Monday, September 22, 2008

Today I learned.......

Natahsa birthday celebrations are not open to her extended family, and that would include me her Grandma!

Her Mom & Dad(& Ashley)are celebrating her birthday on the weekend(when her Dad gets home).............but no one will be invited, or welcome!!!

As you can well imagine Grandma is not happy about this, nor do I get it!!! I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out why a decision like this would be made......but have not come up with anything??? Why would a 5 year old not be allowed to have her grandparents celebrate her birthday with her?........I will go out on a limb and bet this is not her choice!

When my children were children...........I can't imagine ever telling my parents or in-laws that they were not welcome to attend the birthday celebrations of their grandchild!

I have learned.......today I am VERY SAD!

No comments: