Saturday, December 03, 2005

DONNA'S CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN (25)

I absolutely LOVE CHRISTMAS.....Even though it's ALWAYS CRAZY it's my favorite time of year. During the next 20+ days I will post some of my favorite Christmas pictures & memories.....Hope you enjoy!!!!



The first picture is of my Aunt Betty and I posing by the tree, anxious to get into all the pretty gifts. The date on the picture is Sept. 65 which is when the film was developed, my guess this is the Christmas of 64, and I would have been 5 1/2 years old. My favorite memory from Christmas at Grandpa & Grandma Knapp's house is the Christmas card game. Grandma always had her cards hung on sting, I can remember many layers of cards dressing the walls. Someone would pick a card and ask everyone what type of person sent that card. Each person in the room would have a turn at guessing, sometimes saying....this person is rich and lives in the city, this person is down-to-earth, this person loves to cook, and on and on! It seemed that once the name of the sender was announced a laugh would fill the room. At the time, this was probably way over my head, but I just remember it being fun! I would sit in the middle of the room on a empty Japanese orange box. Way back then Japanese oranges were sold in wooden boxes, and to this day when I see or think of Christmas oranges I remember those little wooden boxes!

A great Christmas memory that matches perfectly with this picture.....Thanks for looking!

NOTE: I am holding a homemade Mickey Mouse doll, made for me by my Great Grandma Schafer, I still have this doll, a cherished childhood toy!

No comments: