Friday, December 16, 2005

FIRST CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN....(19)
this poem was sent to us by my Aunt Betty for our first Christmas without Grandma, she passed away just three weeks before Christmas 2003. Very touching at the time, and yet today!


My First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
with tiny lights, like Heavens,
reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular;
please wipe away the tear,
for I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
Hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas Choir up here.
I have no words to tell you,
the joy the voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away,
we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones,
you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas,
with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a memorey of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other,
as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessings or love He has
for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.


This is the scrapbook page I did using the poem, My First Christmas in Heaven....the card that is included on the page was signed by my Aunt, and it read......
A parting gift from Heaven....Love Grandma

1 comment:

D said...

No one enjoyed being around family as much as Grandma did, so it is really hard not to think about her at Christmas time. I remember opening my card and feeling as though Grandma will always enjoy Christmas with us. I know I am not the only one, but I sure miss her!!