Wednesday, December 07, 2005

For this Christmas post(22) I have a ton of pictures and it's soooo hard to pick just one......so I will share a few! Gathering at Christmas time has different meaning to every family out there. I feel so fortunate to have married into a family that LOVES Christmas, it is truely a CELEBRATION. We have spent every Christmas of our married life with my in-laws, plus a few before we were married. Probably 30+ years now. This doesn't not spell r-e-l-a-x-e-d or q-u-i-t-e, but it does spell f-u-n, and g-r-e-a-t m-e-m-o-r-i-e-s. Oh, and did I mention N-O-I-S-E!!!! I can't imagine Christmas without Baba & Gido, and the whole crew!!!!! Hats off to Baba!!! For MANY years she pulled this off almost single handedly. Not just an afternoon gathering with one meal, but all of us traveling home, and spending 3 jammed pack days at their house. She also went above & beyond with many extras, her traditional Christmas Eve supper, many Ukrainian customs, homemade gifts for all the kids, and the list just goes on and on!!! Because the family keeps growing, and growing, the move has been made to have our Christmas celebrations on Boxing Day. The kids are all getting excited for the big day, when I say kids I mean Grandchildren and they range from 16-37(sorry Dean, not sure if I am correct on your age, but I am close), and I might add so are the parents! Again, we have the blessing of spending another Christmas TOGETHER!!!!!



(1977 or 78)Baba is ready.....everyone is waiting for her fabulous meal, she is such a great cook!!!! In the early years when there were only a few of us we all fit around the dining room table.....

years later(somewhere around 1985-87)the move to the basement was made. This picture is of the Grandchildren(except Daylan who wasn't born yet).


Baba & her girls!(approx. 1993)


Gido & his boys!(approx. 1993)

2 comments:

D said...

Brought a tear to my eye...

Ashley Calder said...

Wonderful photos.. it is so much fun to look through the holidays over the years.. :)



Ashley.