Sunday, February 10, 2008

To post or not to post......this is a tough one, but I need to write or I am going to explode!!!

As many of my regular blog visitors know my DEAR(and I mean DEAR)Mother-in-Law is very ill.

I have always struggled calling her MIL because it often has a derogatory content to it........and she has been nothing but a gem in my life. Probably the most angry I have ever been at her was when she gave our kids what I thought was to much pop, or candy...........in the big scope of things..........TOTALLY MINOR!!!!

My heart aches for her, as her family(husband & children)gather to decide what is the RIGHT thing to do...........and in the end WHO really KNOWS whats RIGHT????? Sadly there are differences in opinions(and thats what they are, opinions)...........resulting in added stress!!!

Many have opinions on this, as do I............but do they really matter? What does it matter what I think, or what you think????

For me..........the REAL........RIGHT thing to do is carry out her wishes! Because her wishes are well known it should be irrelevant what ANYONE feels or thinks. Each & every decision shoud be based, and carried out representing HER WISHES, and NOTHING else.

But..........if life were that easy, I wouldn't be sitting here typing.....would I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this Donna! It is so tough for family members to think clearly I think-- there is so much stress in the face of loss, suffering and mortality. That her wishes are clear will be a great comfort eventually, even if they are not at the moment. We went through this when my Grandma passed away... she was very clear about her wishes too, and still some of us had doubts and wanted to 'just try one thing'. In the end, we came together and did as she wished, but it was HARD to just stand back and let it be. Peace to you and your family Donna.

Jayme

Anonymous said...

Our thought are with you. If there is anything we can do from this end just let us know. Hang in there. Baba is very lucky to have a daughter-in-law like you.
Lori

Candy said...

I heard that baba has a goal to live till she is 90. She has fought many a battle with illness and her inner strength has grown stronger with each feat. Though her heart may be weak and her body may be weathering she still seems to have a passion to carry on. I know that when the time comes nature will quietly take her and heaven will accept her with open arms. I think we all want to see her go peacefully when she has decided to give up her fight. Although, it is hard not to want to keep her here for our own selfish reasons, we know it is not in our hands BUT she will be always in our hearts. Until that time we will carry on being by her side and we will ALWAYS celebrate the things she has given us and the ways she has touched us personally.

Heather said...

I truly feel for you and I dare to say I've been in those shoes before. It is so hard to decide what is right. Really there is no right answer. Have hope in your heart, keep you family close to you and you will find inner peace.