Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nastiness has been(temporarily)put on hold......

beacuse of Lacintha's post on her blog I have been browsing on the CROP FOR KIDS website/blogs!
home page http://www.csc4k.com/index.php
edmonton blog http://www.edmontonscrapbookingcropforkids.com/

Found this.........

Trisha Ladouceur - Edmonton Chair
My name is Trisha Ladouceur and I am co-ordinating the Edmonton chapter of Canada's Crop for Kids in Edmonton, AB, in support of the Stollery Children's Hospital. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Andrew, for 14 years this December and we have 2 wonderful boys, Logan (7) and Carter (6). I have chosen to participate in this event for 2 main reasons. Firstly, I know firsthand what an amazing facility the Stollery Children's Hospital is because Carter has been hospitalized 3 times for respiratory problems. He has RAD (Reactive Airway Disease). Basically, whenever he gets a simple little cold, it can quickly move into his lungs producing asthma-like symptoms making his breathing very difficult. His oxygen has dropped to critical levels but the fast response of the knowledgable staff has gotten him back on track, for which we will be eternally grateful. The top notch care that he has received and the support that we received as parents from their wonderful staff has been second to none. I feel so very fortunate to live in a city where such an awesome facility exists. My second reason for wanting to do this is a bit more personal. Last year I had cancer, and I spent time in the hospital and got to know some parents who had children in the Stollery whose prognosis was not so good. I knew that my cancer was not life threatening but it was serious nonetheless. Well... I was the recipient of my own little miracle. My cancer just literally disappeared! No explanation. I made a promise to pay it forward. I would have gladly endured whatever necessary if it meant that those 2 little boys didn't have to suffer. So this is my way of giving back... I am looking forward to working with all of these wonderful women from across our country to produce the largest scrapbooking event Canada has ever seen!
Should you need to contact me regarding the Edmonton Event or you are willing to help out in any way, please email me at edmonton_canadascropforkids@yahoo.ca.

now Lacintha...........be nice..............no ball bashing...........well maybe not to start with anyway!!!!

I'll be back to deliver as promised........
oh by the way Lacintha please don't hold your breath, I don't want to be responsible for the paramedics having to come to your house!!!!

1 comment:

lacintha said...

Love the background info. on Trisha...very touching.So glad you're coming on board Donna...this event will be HUGE!!!

*EXHALING*...SO, no filty talk on this blog then?...lol...