Monday, November 06, 2006

Why do women(and men)call woman guys?

**EDITED** Please note this is NOT directed at ANYONE.......simply an observation!!!!

This has become a pet peeve of mine over the last couple of years...................I guess it's the hip/cool thing to say......but it just erks me!!! If we don't want to be called women/ladies why don't we say gals, but please NOT guys!!!!!

A couple of years back Betty & Randy, my Mom & myself were out for supper and the waitress comes over and says something like........"sir would you like some water"? She moves on to us ladies/woman/girls(whatever we are)and says, "and would you guys like some"?? WHAT!!!!!! Do we look like guys, I hope not? The funny part was Randy proceeds to ask the waitress if we looked like guys? He wasn't rude, just asked her..............but I think she was kind of caught off gaurd!!! Ever since then(thanks Randy for bringing it to my attention)I notice it ALL THE TIME!!!!! Guess it's kind of like the HEY thing.................does anyone say HELLO/HI anymore????

Maybe it's a Canadian thing...............a few samples just for fun!!!
Come on you guys lets get scrappin!
Did you guys see that new Basic Grey line?
How about it guys............are you up for a swap????

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Yes,now that you mention it, it does happen quiet a bit. I am going to pay attention to this for the next little while, and see just how often it does happen. Very interesting.

Heather said...

Yep you right. I notice it all of the time too!

Renee said...

Call it our good ole Canadian slang lol

lacintha said...

"Hey" Donna...lol...I hear ya' on this and it annoys the living c@@@ outta me.Kinda points to the degeneration of culture,class and all those things, as society "progresses"..KWIM?

Anyway that's a whole different topic..so later guys!!!
lol....