Sunday, December 10, 2006

AROUND THE HOUSE(Sat. post on Sunday)

Well, I just loved my Sat.....................I was alone from 10ish-7:00p.m., and basically did what I WANTED ALL DAY!!!! It's a GREAT feeling!!!!!

I was productive.....................laundry, and other everyday stuff! Pulled out a few more Christmas decorations, but best of all I FINALLY got some of my CHRISTMAS GOODIES made. Note: I said some.........much more to go!!!!! I made 2 batches of Eatmore bars, one batch of Caramel popcorn, and 4 batches of Trail Mix! Sunday I will make Poppycock, more Caramel popcorn, more Eatmore bars, and then Peanut Brittle on Monday.

As some of my readers know, I have made these Christmas goodies for years...........I have never really taken the time to figure out the cost.......................this year I did................YIKES!!!!!! Never had a clue............to date I have spent $275+ on nuts, butter, corn & lilly white syrup, brown sugar, raisons, chocolate chips, etc., etc...............I can't believe it!!!!!! Yesterday I went to Safeway for bulk Smarties(trail mix), when the cashier weighed the bag it was $40(wowzers), I took some out..........so if you get some Trail Mix and there are not very many Smarties, you'll know why!!!!!

I am expecting Sunday to be pretty good day as well..........never thought I would say I love NFL football(keeps the men in the house, out of my hair)!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can make Eatmore bars? Holy noodle! Those are my fave chocolate bar!

Heather said...

Yum! I was lucky to score some trail mix off of you last year when you visited me at the u of a and I still remember it! Great gift!!!!