Friday, December 08, 2006

Delivering a eulogy............tougher than I thought it was going to be!!!!

Karen asked me to deliver part of the eulogy at Nick's service..............my part would be written by their daughter, all I had to do was read it on her behalf. So my first thought was if I don't have to write it, it should be easier to deliver! Not sure where I came up with that idea, but was I WRONG!!!!! It of couse was way more personal, and emotional simply because the daughter wrote it...........very hard to get through!!! I had it all rehearsed in my mind..........I would speak directly to them. When I got to the podium I caught a glimpse of them crying, and needless to say my eyes never made contact with them once while I was speaking. I knew if I did that would have been it................so instead I played it safe looking onward, and at that I barely made it through!

If you visit my blog often you will remember a post(about 6 weeks ago)complete with Bride & Groom photo's............the gentleman that passed away was the Father of the Groom! It's such a bittersweet memory now..........everyone was so happy............miles of smiles......so soon we gathered again.............and of course not a smile in sight!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jeeze.. sorry to hear about the loss. It is such a hard thing for anyone to go through.. especially at this time of year. I'm sure you did a wonderful job with the eulogy.

Anonymous said...

That would have been so difficult...you have great strength Donna.