Thursday, December 07, 2006

THINK ABOUT IT...........

My 1st THINK ABOUT IT day unfortunately revolves around death(sorry, loyal readers)!

Whether we want to or not there are times when this subject is right there in front of us, there is NO dancing around it! Well..........this week it's been right there in front of me, and many back home family, friends & neighbors.

Coming from a very small town of 400+ people it's hits everyone pretty hard when there are 3 deaths in a week or so, and 2 near death accidents!

Yesterday was the funeral for a long time family friend, and the anniversary of my Grandma K's death. Yes, we all know that life can change in a minute, we all know we should treat others as we wish to be treated, do we have bridges that need repairing, things that should dealt with before it's to late???? The message from the Minister/Family was ARE YOU READY? Makes alot of sense, but we don't take the time to stop and think about it!!!! Besides the family, this unexpected loss is very hard for my brother(and his wife)................this gentleman was a VERY good friend/neighbor to Daryl & Lori(Karen refers to Daryl as Nick's 3rd son). As with most deaths, good memories are what helps you get bye...................glad to know they shared many!!!!!

Of the two near death accidents I speak of one is my Aunt and Uncle(and their Great Grandson(8 years old))who barely escaped carbon monoxide posioning.......they literally would have died in minutes!!!! By the time the rescue workers arrived they were at the point of being unconcious and had to be cared out on stretchers!!!! The second is a head on collision(one person in each vehicle, both from the SAME small town)...blowing snow, icy roads! One of the people who is most seriously injured is my husband's cousin's husband........both his legs are crushed, and other injuries of which I am not sure!!!! He has been in surgery every other day since Tuesday...............and will have a VERY long recovery!!!!! The other person in the accident is not hurt very bad(compared)...........she is the mother of four young children..................I think both people could have very easily been gone, but luckily even with serious injury they are both still here!!!!!

Then poor Baba had more heart problems, coupled with a bout of phemonia.............she seems to be bouncing back(at 88), I am amazed at how tough she is!!!!

I think that about sums up my THINK ABOUT IT................more than enough for one week, my brain is already on overload!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree I'm glad the week is over 2 funeral's in 3 days is just too much to handle and I'm wondreing every once in awhile during the day why do I feel so drained !!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just figured out how to sign in and will leave you more comments. Love reading your blog

Anonymous said...

Just so you know the 1st comment was from me I just pushed the wrong button.